When version 6 is released, you will notice a few enhancements we have made to the Generic Fields you can associated with Password Lists.
To start with, we have extended the number of Generic Fields from 3 to 10, and now the following Field Types are also available:
- Text Field – just a normal text field as you currently have in version 5 of Passwordstate
- Free Text Field – an unlimited text field for entering larger bodies of text
- Password – an encrypted password field, which is also salted in the database, and allows you mask the contents as per a normal Password field i.e. ******, and you can also copy to clipboard as per normal
- Select List – allows you to specify multiple fixed values, which shows as a drop-down list
- Radio Buttons – allows you to specify multiple fixed values, which shows as a Radio Button
- Date Picker – similar to the Expiry Date field, this one gives you a popup calendar for specifying date values
We hope you like this feature once version 6 is released, and below are a couple of screenshot for how you configure your Password Lists, and how it looks on an Edit Password screen.
Configure Generic Field Settings for a Password List
How the Edit Password Screen looks with Generic Fields