Error with Emails settings

technic_bygecko

Hello,

I'm having troubles configuring the email-settings to send a test e-mail under the Administration-->System Settings-->Emails alert and options.

The settings we used are below :

image.png.f4417618a56538883fbbdbd3db8b1c98.png

When i press the "Test Email" button, I get the following error in the  Error Console:

La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet., StackTrace = à admin_systemsettings_default.TestButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) à System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) à System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) à System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

If I use the following settings, I dont get an error anymore , but we still dont receive the test mail.

image.png.78ce3a70887cd79f781a152d25971ccc.png

How can we fix this error ?

Thank you

Hello,

Generally the Domain Name field is used for Exhange internally, and you specify your NetBIOS portion of the domain i.e. bygecko.com. If you're not using Microsoft Exchange, can you try removing this?

Also, if you've not selected TLS, then the port number is generally 25 for email. Could you try that also?

Regards

Click Studios

Archived