Fabian Näf

Browser extension: Ignore asking for saving credentials

Hi all,

I've some websites on which the Passwordstate browser extension is asking me all the time if I'd like to save a password. This happens e.g. when there are different password fields on a website, like when you manage users with a password field, this will happen all the time. After every form submit Passwordstate is asking if the password should be saved. This is very annoying. If you click "Ignore" (screenshot below), it leads to prevent Passwordstate from filling the form as well.

There's currently no way from stopping the browser extension to ask for saving passwords and still let it fill the form.

grafik.png.e7b1d1bcb221e5c0fae9066e79c6f18a.png

I really would like, if clicking on "ignore" would only prevent asking for saving passwords, but would not stop filling the form. For me it really doesn't even make sense to ask at this point about stop filling forms and I think this is not really obvious as well (that clicking on this ignore button, after entering credentials, will lead to stop filling of other credentials in the form on this site). I guess it's not only confiusing for me and I guess that many people unintended stopped the browser extension from filling the form by clicking on ignore there.

From my opinion these are two completely different things:

1. Prevent Passwordstate from filling forms: I think it's good to have this as a user preference setting as it is right now.

2. Prevent Passwordstate from asking about saving a password: I think this should be handled in the browser extension.

So here's my actual feature request:

1. Clicking on "ignore" on the screenshot showing above should not stop Passwordstate from filling any forms. Instead it should just stop asking for saving passwords.

2. I really would wish to have something like a checkbox or a switch displayed in the browser extension. There I could control if I would like have Passwordstate asking me to save passwords on the current site (should be enabled by default). A little mockup below, sorry for bad paint skills ;-)

grafik.png.3d61a0fa68b76714f1e6e04ed4f82432.png

If you like this feature request, please post a "+1", highly appreciated!

All the best,

Fabian