A couple management questions.

cvg

Hi everyone,

I have some users who managed to create passwords on a shared list that was intended for their private list.

My first question: Besides manually recreating it, is there a way to copy a password from a shared list to a private list?

My second question: Is there a way to default all users to save to their private list?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi cvg,

We do not have an option to move a password record from a shared password list to t private password list.  This is for security reasons, as a lot of customers expressed concerns with allowing users to store company passwords in private lists, as they are not visible to management.  This was just one way to prevent that from happening.

Are you referring to the Browser Extensions by any chance?  So a user has accidently saved a website password into a shared list, using our Browser Extension?  If so, and if they are using the latest build of the extension, they can set the default password list from their personal preferences:

2020-04-29_11-31-17.png

2020-04-29_11-31-25.png

Regards,

Support

15 hours ago, support said:

We do not have an option to move a password record from a shared password list to t private password list.  This is for security reasons, as a lot of customers expressed concerns with allowing users to store company passwords in private lists, as they are not visible to management.  This was just one way to prevent that from happening.

I figured as much.  But, it's nice to have the official confirmation.

And, yes, I have users that have saved personal passwords to shared lists via the browser extension.  What I'm hoping to learn is if there a way to set the default password list to "[FirstName] [Surname]'s Private Passwords" at account creation, rather than making the user do it?  

Hi CVG,

To elaborate a little on the above answer we h=gave, there's no way to edit existing Password Lists your users have, but we do have an option where any new user that is added into the system can automatically get a Private Password List created for them, with the title that you are after.  This setting can be found under Administration -> System Settings -> Password List Options:

2020-04-30_9-05-28.png

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Click Studios.

1.png

Archived