Email Synchronization With AD

scottp

Version 8.9 (Build 8903)

I am having an issue with email synchronization with AD accounts.  I have some accounts in AD that do not have and email address associated with them.  I am manually adding the value in the email field in Passwordstate.  But after the AD Sync takes place, these are wiped out.  (And if I enter the "Department" and "Office" fields, these are wiped out as well after the sync).

I have selected "No" for the setting "When performing an AD Sync, synchronize the email field for the user (AD attribute is called mail):" in Administration -> System Settings -> active directory options.

Is this a bug, or am I missing a setting somewhere else?

And actually, I don't think I really need AD synchronization at all.  I am using local security groups, and the only AD synchronization that might be beneficial is the one to deal with deleted accounts in AD.  But I do not see a way to turn off AD Sync altogether.  Is this an option somewhere?

Hi scottp,

No this is not a bug - basically we are synchronizing what's in AD, which is a blank email address.

But we do have a feature for this - go to the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Active Directory Options tab, and change the following setting to No - When performing an AD Sync, synchronize the email field for the user (AD attribute is called mail).

Now restart the Passwordstate Windows Service to pick up the change immediately.

Regards

Click Studios

Yes, I mentioned in my original post that I changed that setting to not sync email data.  That is why I was asking if it was a bug since it is still getting updated.

Is there a setting somewhere to turn off AD sync altogether, or should this be posted in the "Feature Request"  sub-forum?  :)

Hi Scott,

We're sorry, but this does appear to be a bug and we will need to fix it in the next release.

And we do not have an option to disable AD Synchronization sorry. You could stop the Passwordstate Windows Service, but this would also prevent other processes like sending emails, performing password resets, etc, etc.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived