Secure the Notes Field

Mike

Is there a way to make the "Notes" field of a password secured?     

We're in the position where some web-logins need to be shared.  We can use the standard URL logins just fine, but are wondering where to record/save the "Security questions" that often come with web forms.  Even if we did a "hide password" password list, we realize that someone would still be able to see the notes/security question in order to reset the password - should they want to.

Any ideas on how to work with/around this?

Hi Mike,

With the Notes field, can you let us know where your concern is for this field being visible - you only get to see this data if you've been given access to the record. Maybe another option for you is the Generic Fields which can be configured for Password Lists. You can select different data types, encrypt them in the DB, and choose whether to show these fields within the Passwords grid as well.

Regards

Click Studios

4 hours ago, support said:

Hi Mike,

With the Notes field, can you let us know where your concern is for this field being visible - you only get to see this data if you've been given access to the record. Maybe another option for you is the Generic Fields which can be configured for Password Lists. You can select different data types, encrypt them in the DB, and choose whether to show these fields within the Passwords grid as well.

Regards

Click Studios

Agreed.

Notes being encrypted makes searching more difficult.

Oh, I didn't mean encrypt all notes fields, but I was just thinking of our use cases.  We're still working out best if we should allow visible passwords, or use the "hidden" ones for shared web logins.  The issue is that we also want/need to store answers to "recovery questions" that often come with these accounts.  As suggested, we could add generic fields to the template, but I'm trying to keep things simple for my users and only show as minimal information as necessary.  Not all passwords would need three additional question fields, as an example.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived