cant connect to the sqlexpress

jamie

I have installed the product but cant connect to the sqlexpress.

When using the server (same server for both) ip address

Resolving host name of database server...

Executing creation of temporary database...

Login timeout expired

A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.

SQL Server Network Interfaces: Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [xFFFFFFFF].

When using the server name

Resolving host name of database server...

Executing creation of temporary database...

Login failed for user 'Root'.

I can connect to the database with ssms

what do I need to do?

Hi Jamie,

When you say you can create a DB, do you mean outside of Passwordstate?

In the information above, you seem to be using the account called root - this is not standard in SQL Server, and have you specifically created this account - and does it have permissions to create databases? The default admin account in SQL Server is called sa.

If everything is okay with the 'root' account, can you provide a screenshot of what values you are specifying on this setup screen?

Thanks

Click Studios

Hi Jamie,

There must be some sort of configuration issue here, as the 'sa' account has the privileges to do this. Can you please log a support call via the following page https://www.clickstudios.com.au/support.aspx and provide screenshots of the details you are entering into the setup screen? If you need to re-initialize the installer for any reason, you can follow this article for that.

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/1663-resetting-the-passwordstate-setup-process/

Regards

Click Studios

Archived