Default Password Policy not working as expected

SeSchi

Hey,

I just edited the Default Password Policy to not use words. And also checked the box to prevent that users can use their own password policy.

I also executed the SQL from https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/2555-default-password-generator-works-differently-the-first-time/ for existing lists (which works fine, it generates now passwords without words in existing lists) but if I create a new list (which has the Default Password Policy selected, there is only this list available) it always adds a word.

The password generator on the upper right is working as expected.

Any idea?

Regards

Sebastian

passwordstate.png

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, and we believe we know the cause of this. If you edit the properties of this Password List, and then click the 'Save' button, does this resolve it for you?

We believe the Password List itself might still be configured to use the user's personal Password Generator Policy, but it's not showing because you've enabled the System Setting to hide it. This is possibly the case also for any Password List Templates, which you might be using as a basic for copying settings when creating new Password Lists. So you might want to open all Password List Templates as well, and click the 'Save' button. This can be done from the screen Administration -> Password List Templates.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived