Hello,

I was not sure how to describe this request in the title...

Basically, looking for the feature to require two-factor authentication for all users but give the user the choice on which second factor they use.

For example, a user must use AD Authentication and one of the allowed second factor options (Google Auth, Yubikey, etc).

Possibly even have the option to support two second factor options. Google Auth and Yubickey (with only one being required at the time of authentication).

Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Bumping this request again. I had thought this would have been a more popular feature request.

Just to summarize...

I think it would be beneficial to enforce MFA but leave the user the option to choose which form of second factor they use (Google Auth, Yubikey, etc).

Is this an option already (that I have somehow missed) or can it be considered for implementation?

Thank you.

Hello,

Does the following system setting option help with this?

The users would need to select which authentication option to use on their Preferences screen, but as a Security Administrator, you can dictate which ones are allowed to be used.

authoptions.png

That is close. This setting would work if we could set a policy to require MFA and provide the user the options they can chose. As long as MFA is used that is what my concern is.

Yes, you could set the default System Wide auth option to be a 2FA option, but allow them to chose other ones if they prefer.

Regards

Click Studios

Perfect. It was a little bit of a roundabout way to accomplish it but it works!

Just tested and was able to get it working as desired.

Thank you for the feedback.