Microsoft Azure Multi-Factor Authentication

support

Passwordstate can work with Azure MFA, using our One Time Passwords authentication option.  Here's how to set this up:

Step 1:

Take note of your emergency password under Administration -> Emergency Access.  If you make a mistake during this process, you can reverse out the changes using this password.  This video shows how to use the Emergency Password:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP0riGN5Ek4

Step 2:

Under Administration -> System Settings -> Authentication Options, choose either Manual AD and One Time Password, or just One Time Password.  Save this once you have confirmed your choice. 

2019-04-10_8-39-24.png

Step 3:

Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator App in your phone from the App Store

Step 4:

Browse to your Passwordstate website, and on the login screen you should be presented with a QR Code.  Scan this into your phone and you should have a functioning One Time Password code you can use to log into Passwordstate

We hope this helps and please let us know if you have any questions about this.

Regards,

Support

• 1 year later...

Hello Mika,

As long as your settings in Passwordstate are correct for the One-Time Password fields, then generally this is a time issue on your phone - please ensure your phone time is not more than one minute out compared to your Passwordstate web server.

Regards

Click Studios

• 4 months later...

If one is looking for how to setup MS MFA otp entries in passwordstate:  (even though the original topic is talking about logging onto passwordstate with MS MFA)

Go to the MS MFA configuration page (Aka.ms/MFAsetup)

While setting up the MFA click on the option “I want to use a different authenticator app “ or “configure app without notifications” in order to get a compatible MFA format.

Then click “can’t scan image” in order to get the MFA text values instead of QR code

Setup a password entry in passwordstate and under the section One-Time Password Authenticator:

Paste the ‘account name’ (from the ms window) over to ‘Issuer’ (into the passwordstate window)

And

Paste the ‘Secret key’ (from the ms window) over to ‘Secret’ (into the passwordstate window)

Last, do the MFA verification (in the MS window) with the 6 digit OTP value from passwordstate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I followed the article and it's working for me.

I had an issue after i setup 2FA using Azure MFA, accidentally deleted the password state account in Microsoft authenticator and do not have a backup for the Microsoft authenticator.

Even i change MFA option to google authenticator my account has been locked with Microsoft authenticator.

I have to disable 2FA option for all the users ..

is anyone faced this issue?