Scheduled backups not running

Kurt

Hello,

We have a new deployment of Passwordstate and have yet to get the scheduled backups to run.  Seemingly there aren't any errors that show it attempted to run and failed.  Below is a screenshot of our setup:

image.thumb.png.98a97ec74d1db421cb66ef43fcf30eb4.png

When we run it manually, it completes without issue:

image.thumb.png.af8b758f16ba052ed65c6721b7127881.png

Am missing something with the setup?  Is there somewhere I can check to locate any errors which would indicate why the backup isn't running?  

Thanks,

Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Can you check if the Passwordstate Windows Service is started - as this service executes the schedule?

if it is, can you check the PassiveNode key in the web.config file (Located in the root of your Passwordstate folder), is set to "False" - if set to anything else, the Windows Service will not perform standard processing. And if this is set correctly, can you look in the Windows Application Event Log to see if there are any errors being reported by the Windows Service?

Thanks very much.

Regards

Click Studios

Yes, at least one of your servers should always be set to 'False', otherwise the Passwordstate Windows Service will not perform any processing.

Can you please change this, then restart your Passwordstate Windows Service, and this will fix it for you.

Regards

Click Studios

This fixed my issue. After changing the PassiveNode key in the web.config file from 'Active' to 'False' on my primary server and restarting the Passwordstate service, the schedule backup completed successfully overnight.  

Thank you!

Kurt

Archived