Password reset local admin, once

HeDish

Hi!

Is it possible to reset password once for local admin account on Windows servers in a domain and the passwords are noted in PasswordState?
Do one need the Password Restet module for this in that case?

/HeDish

Hello HeDish,

Yes, Passwordstate can reset passwords for local administrator accounts on Windows, and the following forum post shows how you can configure a record to do this - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/1734-local-windows-account-password-reset-example/

And no, you do not need our Password Reset Portal module for this.

Regards

Click Studios

• 10 months later...

Thanks!

A follow-up question

This is what I want to do:

Do a Account Discovery on Windows Local Admin Account on servers on all servers in the Hosts tab (there are only servers with OS 2008 and up and from the same domain on the Hosts tab).

When I do the Account discovery and the password lists "Windows Local Accounts" are being populated the password is reset.

This far I managed to accomplish.

BUT, I don't want the items in "Windows Local Accounts" to have a Expiry Date set (or Enabled for Resets ticked) because I only want to do this once.

Which setting should I tweak to get that result?

/HeDish

Hello,

With the Discovery Job, screenshot below, you can disable the option for resets, but we do not have an option to not specify an expiry date - mainly because doing that is not best practice. You can change the 'Default Password Reset Schedule' on the Password List itself though, and extend the Expiry Date out into the future for what ever time period you choose.

dactions.png

Regards

Click Studios

Archived