haveibeenpwned report

Heikki H.

Since the release of 8.6 - Build 8600 there is the report feature.

How does the integration take account of haveibeenpwned API rate limiting? 

https://haveibeenpwned.com/API/v2#RateLimiting

I mean if there are multiple users running simultaneous reports, are the API calls queued or will we hit the rate limits? And what happens if the report generation hits the rate limit? 

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I will use this topic instead of creating a new. I hope it fits under this topic. In the administration area, it is possible to run a global report against haveibeenpwned database. The problem I face is that currently, I have 22167  password records in the database. When I click on that report, the whole PasswordState application crashes and gives 503 error. Perhaps an idea for future release to introduce batching or an option for the administrator to pre-select password lists? The latter would be more suitable as in our case you usually want to get a report on specific password lists that are managed by specific people.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 6:39 AM, Azkabahn said:

Hi,

I will use this topic instead of creating a new. I hope it fits under this topic. In the administration area, it is possible to run a global report against haveibeenpwned database. The problem I face is that currently, I have 22167  password records in the database. When I click on that report, the whole PasswordState application crashes and gives 503 error. Perhaps an idea for future release to introduce batching or an option for the administrator to pre-select password lists? The latter would be more suitable as in our case you usually want to get a report on specific password lists that are managed by specific people.

Hi @Azkabahn You do have the option to run the report on a per-list basis.

Have you tried running it against individual password lists?

- Kyle

image.png.53300a555c4a2bdcb60c9bdaebbc57b3.png

1 minute ago, Azkabahn said:

Hi, yes I am aware of that. My request was that this would be done via the Administration panel. I would like to have an option to select several password lists and run the scan.

Oh gotchya. Yeah I can see that being a benefit when the password DB gets that large...

Archived