Browser Extension Auto-Fill

Roger

Hi,

I have some websites where Passwordstate successfully detects a login and saves it but when I log out and reload the page I find that the username and password are not automatically filled in by the browser extension which in this case is for Chrome. I'm running the latest build for passwordstate as well as the latest chrome extension version.

I've pasted an example below of the code for the login screen for a Xerox device where this is not working. I noticed that in the input filed for the password there is autocomplete="off" and I am wondering if the extension is failing because of that. If that is the case, I am wondering if maybe an option can be added in the browser extension settings to ignore this flag and autocomplete the field anyway. I know that a lot of websites use this flag which can be quite annoying.

<div class="boundingBox normalSpacing addTopMargin">

<input type="hidden" name="_fun_function" value="HTTP_Authenticate_fn">

<input type="hidden" name="NextPage" value="/properties/authentication/luidLogin.php">

<div class="titleBar">

<h3>Login</h3>

</div>

<div class="boxBody">

<h6>User ID</h6>

<div class="component">

<input type="text" name="webUsername" maxlength="63" style=" width:215px">

</div>

<h6>Password</h6>

<div class="component">

<input type="password" name="webPassword" maxlength="63" style="width:215px" autocomplete="off">

</div><input type="hidden" name="frmaltDomain" value="default"> </div>

</div>

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

Sorry you're having some issues. Where not sure if that is the issue or not, so is there a public web site for this we can test again? It could be the field has no ID value, instead just a name value, but we can do some testing on this if you can report a site you're having issues with.

Thanks

Click Studios

So it appears that in fact the only site I'm currently having trouble with so far is that admin interface for our Xerox machines. Unfortunately, there is no public address you can use to test against. It doesn't appear to be an issue with the autocomplete flag though since I notice this set on several other websites that are working just fine.

I'll update this post if I am able to find a public website that I am having issues with but for now I would consider this matter closed. Sorry to waste your time with this.

Thanks,

Roger

Archived