Azkabahn

PasswordState Self Destruct Message - Send from browser extension plugin

Hi,

just recently deployed a separate instance of Self Destruct Message. Our plan is to push this feature to client support dep. Currently, the majority of people use whatever other online tools for sending self destruct messages. I see a good use case for having an internal tool like that. I see a lot of things that can be improved, but I would like to highlight one of them - perhaps you could add an option to craft a message within the browser extension? After creation, the URL gets copied to the clipboard and then you simply paste the URL to whatever communication channel you are on.

Hello Azkabahn,

Thanks for your suggestion. We think offering this via the Browser Extensions may confuse some customers, as the browser extension is only used for web sites - whereas customers use the Self Destruct Message for many different types of accounts.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

I see the concern behind this. How about making it an optional thing that can be enabled? Or maybe you could re-make a little bit the message creation workflow in the UI? Instead of having 3 steps, make it everything into one unified window and also add a button that copies the link to the clipboard.

Hello Azkabahn,

Thanks for your suggestions - we appreciate it. On the UI wizard we have now, there is already a copy to clipboard icon on the last tab of the wizard, if you do not specify a recipient to email the message to i.e. you want to email them outside of Passwordstate.

Regards

Click Studios

Sorry, I was not aware of the newest changes. I have just upgraded to the very latest version :)

Is there a reason why it was decided to split message creation into 3 steps? instead of having it in one window?

Another worth mentioning point, is the display of the message when the receiver gets it. The only differentiation between system text and the actual message body is the indentation. Perhaps the actual message body could be more visually expressed/visible?

image.png

Hi Azkabahn,

Sorry we took so long to get back to you:(  We can try to play around with the fonts to see if we can make the content more appealing.  

Also we've introduced this wizard in a recent build for creating Password lists, so I think the reason behind a wizard for the Self Destruct was to keep the UI consistent but we also think a three part work flow is easier to understand and pick up for new users, or non IT users.

Regards,

Support.