browser based remote session launcher

seane

Hi,

we have installed a trial version of Passwordstate to evaluate the product. I have had no issue so far except in getting the browser based remote session launcher up and running. I believe that I've followed the steps properly, but would appreciate any help to get the feature functional.

I will say that I was unable to export my certificate as in the instructions, there was no option to export. I found some instructions elsewhere and used windows features to export the certificate. After an issue with problematic characters in the password I have it set now so that the service starts ok, but trying to launch either an ssh connection or an RDP connection won't work for me. In 'Error Console' I see "Code = 3005 There was a problem while connecting to server1:22", for example. The two computers I'm attempting to reach are both available through normal RDP or ssh. Firewall has been opened for 7273.

Any help appreciated,

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean,

Sorry you're having some issues. Are all remote sessions failing, or just a couple of hosts? Maybe you've only tested with a couple of hosts so far?

For server1, is this a Windows machine or Linux? If Windows, then it looks like it's trying to do a SSH session on Port 22, which would not work obviously. When RDP'd into your Passwordstate web server, can you run the following PowerShell command to confirm ports are open?

test-netconnection server1 -port 22

Regards

Click Studios

Thanks for the reply.

Since you asked how many hosts I'd tried so far (2) I decided to add another and check. Lo and behold this one logged right in. The original test connection is still a no go, but with the successful test I can rule out the fundamentals of the feature. I'll continue to look into this,

Thanks,

Sean

Archived