Multi language support

Jasper

Hi,

This is not actually a feature request, but more a future design/development suggestion.

We tried to translate a few of the e-mail templates to our native language, mainly the templates used in the Self Destruct Message portal, since they are being sent to users outside our company. The localization however didn't really work because many variables include text in English.

Eg. the variable [ExpirePeriod] results in 3 days. It would be better to have a variable [ExpireDays] that rendered 3, so that the text can be localized.

Another one is the: [All Other Selected Fields] variable. It would be better to have variables for just the values, and write the title fields in the message. Alternatively you could add an option to localize the field names under administration.

I understand that you can't build a Multi Language version of Passwordstate right away, but it might be a good idea to keep future localization in mind when building future versions of this fantastic product.

Kind regards,

Jasper Metselaar

• 4 weeks later...

+1

For legal reasons, we need to translate certain messages into our native language.

Like Jasper says, it would take a lot of time to translate the entire product. However, some kind of a translate table in the database would do the trick for me. In this way, i can be quite easy for administrators to translate words the way they like.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey

5 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

For legal reasons, we need to translate certain messages into our native language.

In our case we have no legal requirements (yet), but since we are a local governmental organisation, the use of our native language is very important for us as well.

Regards,

Jasper

Archived