Copy Password Button in the Host Tab

Hi, 

i think it would improve the general workflow while using Passwordstate if you could Copy a Password while being in the Hosts Tab. 

Sometimes when connecting to a Windows Server i have to start a specific Software on the Server and enter the Same Password i used to connect to the Server to. 

Then i have to go to the Passwords tab again and search for the Password, then i can copy it and go on my way, this only takes a few seconds but is a repeating process every day. 

Or for Example you connect to a Linux Server with a Sudo User and when running the First sudo command where you need to enter a Password you have to do the same thing. 

Maybe a Copy Button besides the "Linked Credentials" bar would improve this

FeatureRequest.thumb.PNG.0ee4c3b768da303ec75578897343f42e.PNG

Greetings 

Florian

Hi FindusHai,

Thanks for the feature suggestion, but we're not entirely sure we could include this one, but, I may have a work around for you!  There's a couple of reasons we don't think this will work:

1. A lot of users set up Remote Session Credentials, which are linked to Passwords that the end user does not know, and is not allowed to know.  For example a contractor comes on site, you give them access to a credential which allows them to RDP into a machine, but they don't know the password they are connecting with.  They are just in there to do some non windows administrative type work on an application they manage.

2. That Hosts Home screen will only show the last Host information that you connected to.  So if you have three multiple sessions open, the Hosts Home screen only shows one of the hosts.  So the password might not even be for the machine that you are currently working on.

Your suggestion isn't a bad idea, but I wonder if you could try either of the following suggestions:

1. You launch your sessions from the actual password, instead of the hosts tab.  Before you launch the session, copy the password to clipboard to be used within the session whenever you need

2. A better idea would be to have multiple tabs open, one for remote sessions where you are launching from the Hosts tab, and a second session open where you have the password record open.

Hope this helps and let us know what you think of these work arounds?

Regards,

Support

19 minutes ago, support said:

For example a contractor comes on site, you give them access to a credential which allows them to RDP into a machine, but they don't know the password they are connecting with.  They are just in there to do some non windows administrative type work on an application they manage.

I agree with this reasoning.

• 5 months later...

so i see the benefit of what is being asked and also the reasons for restricting this.

my solution would be ...

• add a clientless/browser based connect button inside the password object 
  • this then opens the connection in a new tab
  • in this instance we can then copy the password we have checked out then just change tab to the remote control

contractors without permissions can then continue to use the hosts tab and so are still restricted (i assume)