Unable to browe to https://xxxx:9119 after initial install

dana

Hi,

I have run through the install and I can't browse to the URL I've created.

I uninstalled password state, disabled the IIS feature, and ran the install again, and still can't get to the default site.

The password state service is in running state, IIS site is in running state.

I am getting these errors in the event log but I assume at least one is due to not having been through the SQL setup yet.

An Error has occurred executing the Call 'QueryPasswordResetPortalSystemSettings' - No error message available, result code: E_FAIL(0x80004005).&stacktrace=   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
   at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()

Followed by:

An error has occurred executing the call 'InitialiseService' - No error message available, result code: E_FAIL(0x80004005).

Although in uninstalled IIS through the remove features, before trying another Password state install, I didn't get the prompts as defined in the youtube tutorial I was following.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Dan.

Archived