passwordstate vs cyberark password vault

pjc

Hi, im new to passwordstate. my boss is asking for a password management that can store shared password for example if theg have subscription to news letter tbat required login, they will just register 1 accouand share it within the team. and if the person from their team resign or not in the team anymore they can change password and the rest just go centralized password to see new one. ofc if possible to register link or url and user just click that link then it will automatically filled the username and password. 

Hello Pjc,

Thanks for your request, and yes our software can do what you've suggested above. You would need to use our Browser Extensions for this, and save the web site logins into a Shared Password List. Here is a quick video of this feature - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hmjnrrt2Pg and there are also many other videos on our channel as well for you.

In terms of Passwordstate cs Cyberark, we have the following feature comparison for other products - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/compare-password-managers.aspx. We don't have a comparison for Cyberak though, as we are unable to test it ourselves - they won't let us :) The have similar features to Secret Server, but are significantly more expensive than them.

Regards

Click Studios 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Admin,

may i ask is it possible to change the emergency access account after installation?

also can we enroll passwordstate to cyberark CPM vault so we can view the password via CyberArk CPM password vault

Regards,

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

Yes, you can change the Emergency Access login any time via the screen Administration -> Emergency Access Login. If you also forget this login, we can help you recover it if needed - so you will never be 100% locked out of Passwordstate.

We're not familiar with cyberark CPM vault, but I can't see an issue as to why you cannot store the password there - do you plan on maintaining two Password Management solutions?

Regards

Mark

• 10 months later...

Hi Admin,

It seems i am in the same boat.

I need to manage 2 Password Managers one being passwordstate and another CyberArk

Do you have anything which i can use to integrate them and continuously sync passwords back and forth.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Abhijeet,

Sorry we did not get back to this sooner but we have no way of synchronizing data from Cyberark into Passwordstate easily that we know if.  Unless you could export from CyberArk to some sort of file, and then read that file with a script and add it into our software via the API.  Although possible, I honestly can't see this solution working seamlessly though.

Regards,

Support

Archived