Report: Password lists (and/or folders?) without admins

Hi,

Sometimes it happens that people are leaving our company. When their account is deleted (or disabled) it can result in passwordlists having no admin anymore.

As far as I can tell there's no easy way to generate a report of these lists, so that would be a welcome addition to passwordstate.

Any work arounds maybe?

Valentijn

Hello,

Thanks for your request. As a work around, you could run the SQL Query below. Any Password Lists with a TotalPermissions of 0, means there is no Admin on the list.

USE Passwordstate

SELECT PasswordLists.PasswordListID, PasswordLists.PasswordList, PasswordLists.Description, PasswordLists.TreePath, (SELECT COUNT(PasswordListID) FROM [PasswordListsACL] PSSWD WHERE (PSSWD.PasswordListID = PasswordLists.PasswordListID) AND (PSSWD.Permissions = 'A')) As TotalPermissions
FROM [PasswordLists] 
WHERE (PasswordLists.PrivatePasswordList = 0) AND (PasswordLists.Folder <> 1) 
GROUP BY PasswordLists.PasswordListID, PasswordLists.PasswordList, PasswordLists.Description, PasswordLists.TreePath
ORDER BY PasswordLists.PasswordList

Regards

Click Studios

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I agree the query works fine, but it requires SQL access. I wouldn't want to allow too many servicedesk people access to the database (and bypassing audit logs).

So would be nice to have the report in place. 

The primary usecase I would use this report is when/before deleting a user. So ideally the report would be "Password lists for which a user is the only admin".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...