Multible Tabs

findusHai

Hi,  

I was just about to activate the Feature that Multiple Tabs are allowed, but then I was wondering what is the Reason for this restriction in the First Place?

Can anyone Explain to me why multiple Tabs can be a Security Issue or is this a Problem with Passwordstate itself? I would like to have more Tabs possible but if there is a genuine Reason why I shouldn't that i will keep the Default setting. 

Greetings 

Findus

Hello Findus,

This is more to mitigate any issues with Session Variables on the web server. For example, we had a customer adding users into a Local Security Group, but was checking another group in another tab at the same time. This caused some issues with "Integrity" of HMAC Hashing in the database, and we needed to help the customer correct this.

It's mainly to mitigate against any sort of issues like this, but very unlikely to cause any issues.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi, 

so just to clarify. The Problems can occur when you make Administrative changes in Passwordstate in Multiple Tabs or can it also occur when I, for Example, have a Password Entry open in 2 tabs simultaneously and try to save changes?

In other words, is it possible for someone who doesn't have Administrator Privileges  to corrupt the Database in this way? 

The Reason why I would like to have more tabs is that I can have one Tab with the Password lists and one tab with the Hosts so I don't have to switch between them all the time. 

Thanks

Findus

Hi Findus,

We have multiple checks to mitigate against any issues with Password Lists and Password records, so you should not see any problems with this. It's unlikely you would ever run into any issues, but if you do we can always help you fix them - we've only ever needed to help one customer in the past fix something like this.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived