Export all passwords

Alexey

Hi guys,

I'm wondering is that possible to export all passwords in an automated fashion?

We're thinking of making a plain-text copy of our passwords and storing it securely elsewhere in case of our on prem DC experiences network/power failure.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Alexey,

We generally recommend our High Availability module for Disaster Recovery, but if you're unable to use this, then the only way to automate an export like this would be via our API - you would need to write a script which exports all your Shared Password Lists (there is a supported Method for this in the API), but you would also then need separate API calls for any Private Password Lists.

The API Documentation is also available under the Help menu.

We hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

43 minutes ago, support said:

Hi Alexey,

We generally recommend our High Availability module for Disaster Recovery, but if you're unable to use this, then the only way to automate an export like this would be via our API - you would need to write a script which exports all your Shared Password Lists (there is a supported Method for this in the API), but you would also then need separate API calls for any Private Password Lists.

The API Documentation is also available under the Help menu.

We hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

Awesome, that's what I'm after. Cheers!

• 5 months later...

I'd a look in the API Documentation, of course we can export all Passwords there. But a bit easier it would be if you would add an Method to call the "Export All Passwords" function (for example) with KeePass Compatible Format aswell as the option with to add or remove the "Add one Password Viewed" Audit Record.

is that possible?

Within the current API it is not possible to set a flag that there is no audit record added for viewing the password. So this export method would spam the audit records, right?

Archived