Mobile Client Password Viewed Email Notification

Roger

Email notifications are not generated for members of a shared password list when viewing a password record from the mobile client. The email notification works as expected when viewing the password record from the web interface so there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with my configuration. Also, the event does correctly create an audit record that the password screen was opened in the mobile client.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I am running the latest build V8.3 (Build 8361).

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

I've just done a code review of this, as well as tested the functionality, and it seems to be sending emails for us okay. Have you deployed the mobile web site separately, or are you using the embedded site within your main Passwordstate web site?

Can you also check your Passwordstate Windows Service is started, and that no Email Notifications are disabled. These can be disabled in three places:

• Administration -> Email Templates
  • Administration -> Email Notification Groups
  • Preferences -> Email Notifications

And the user accounts also need to have an email address associated with them on the screen Administration -> User Accounts.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

I am using the embedded site within the main Passwordstate website by just appending /mobile to the main site's URL. The Passwordstate Windows Service is running and no email notifications are disabled in all 3 places you mentioned. All user accounts have email addresses associated with them. As I mentioned before, email notifications are working fine when going through the main website rather than the mobile site so everything appears to be configured correctly.

One other thing I noticed is that when a password list requires the user to enter a reason for viewing the password, this feature does not seem to work on the mobile site. Is this by design?

Thanks,

Roger

Hi Roger,

For the 'Reason' request on the mobile client - this is by design. It would be quite challenging to implement all the features we have in the full UI in the mobile client.

After the test this morning was working, it also doesn't seem to be working for me anymore in emailing users. I will need to investigate this further to determine what the issue is - sorry about that.

Regards

Click Studios

Hello again,

I've just found the bug for this, and we will have an update in the next release - sorry for the inconvenience in the short term. We'll update this post once the new build is available.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived