Restore from backup

SadSaddo

Hi,

I have just set up the automated backup system that comes with PasswordState however it is unclear how I would be able to restore from backup.

As a test I wanted to restore a backup to check if it works properly but I can't find the feature anywhere. How would one do this?

Hi SadSaddo

Each backup process creates two files, which are located in your configured backup directory. For instance:

• Passwordstate20180405000026.bak
  • Passwordstate20180405000026.zip

The zip file contains a backup of your Passwordstate web application folder, which is by default under C:\inetpub\Passwordstate.

The bak file is a SQL backup of your SQL database.

To restore the Passwordstate web application, overwrite the content of your Passwordstate web application folder with the content of the zip file.

To restore the SQL database use SQL Management studio or run the following commands in sqlcmd.exe (should be even easier).

1> ALTER DATABASE passwordstate SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE
2> GO

1> RESTORE DATABASE passwordstate FROM DISK='C:\Folder\Example\Passwordstate20180119080851.bak' WITH REPLACE
2> go

1> ALTER DATABASE passwordstate SET MULTI_USER
2> go

Best regards,

Fabian

Edit: Probably we could raise a feature request for an automated restore process function :-)

Hi SadSaddo,

We also have full restore instructions in our User Manual under the Help menu. Just look in the KB Article section, under "Passwordstate Disaster Recovery".

We hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived