Password State install keeps running and never finishes

dkraklan

Hello,

I followed the instructions for installing on 2012 R2 , however it seems to be a bit outdated because in the SQL setup there was some pages with alot more options however I left these default and changed what was outlined in the guide.

When I go to run the passwordstate.exe i get to the point where I click install and then it just sits at this window for hours.

https://i.imgur.com/NUqsctP.png

I've tried running it as admin, starting it over, but no matter what it just keeps doing this, I let it run for 3+ hours and it still was doing this. I'm not even sure where to start to debug this or if there is even install logs. Any advice is welcome.

One thing I did notice is that the only download I can find for SQL express 2016 is R1 which is not what shows in the guide, would this cause an issue?

EDIT: It seems like with the R1 it provides many more feature selections, so I unchecked everything that was not needed and made sure the ones in the guide are checked, hoping this reolsves it will keep everyone posted.

Hello dkraklan,

At the time of installing Passwordstate, it does not check what version of SQL Server you are using at all - and you can use any version of SQL Server, from 2012 and above.

Did you end up having some success with the install - we've never actually seen the installer hang like this? I saw some other posts from you this morning, so possibly you have it working now.

Regards

Click Studios

I was able to get it working with R1. The install worked flawlessly, I decided to just start fresh reload my VM with server 2012 and load SQL server 2016 R1.

however after I completed the setup in the web interface and tried to login I started having the issue outlined in this topic.

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/2092-ssl-redirect/&tab=comments#comment-5363

Archived