Feature request: more information on host screens

Buckit

Good morning!

While working with PasswordState in our ACC-environment I realized that I'm needlessly hopping back and forth between screens and tabs, trying to get information. I would like to request that you extend the information on a host's page with the following:

• List of password objects related to this host, similar to the results screen of a normal search for password objects. Right now, all it says is "Linked credentials: N matching credentials". That's not very useful.
  • Audit history for the host in question, e.g. discovery / manual add / manual remove / config change / heartbeat / password change etc.

Right now, the hosts tab feels a bit disconnected from the whole: it looks like it only manages hosts' information, while in fact it's an integral part of managing the password objects.

Cheers,

Thomas

14 hours ago, Buckit said:

List of password objects related to this host, similar to the results screen of a normal search for password objects. Right now, all it says is "Linked credentials: N matching credentials". That's not very useful.

Agreed, it’s something I’ve requested before.

The ability to manually link passwords to a host would be good as well. Currently we just use a free text field to add “tags” (server name, application etc) into to assist in finding passwords by host.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your request. As way of explanation, we originally wanted to design the Passwords and Hosts tabs to have distinct functionality i.e. Passwords tab is for Password Management, and Hosts tab is for our Remote Session Launcher feature.

We did consider provide password relating information per host initially, but then decided against it as we didn't want to confuse customers by having duplicate functionality in different areas of Passwordstate. We'd then also need to consider permissions on any password information we display on the screen, as not all users could have the same level of access - and this might be confusing also, when one users see linked records, but another doesn't.

Adding auditing information would be fairly easy to do, but we'd need to consider what we do about access to password credentials.

Thanks for your suggestions - we do appreciate it.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived