Installation problem Windows Server 2012 R2

Ian

Hi,

I've been trying to install Passwordstate (build 8215) on a Windows Server 2012 R2 server.
I'm following the official installation instructions, but when I get to step 8, 'Configuring Passwordstate for the first time' the page fails to load showing a HTTP 500 error.
When I look at the event log, it's filled with errors from the Passwordstate Service.
Every minute or so the service tries some action, as you can see in the attachment errors.txt.
As far as I can tell the errors are caused by a failing SQL connection.
Which is to be expected with the SQL settings not yet configured.

In an attempt to solve the error, I've reinstalled Passwordstate multiple times, restarted the website in IIS and restarted the Passwordstate service but to no avail.
The installed IIS features in use can be found in the attached picture.

Am I missing something obvious? Or is there something more going on?
Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Ian

IIS features.PNG

Hi Ian,

Sorry you've run into this and hopefully we can help you get this sorted quickly.  A good quick first test is to reset the installer, which is a custom process we have for our software.  This will wipe out any existing confiurgations you have for SQL, and we're hoping once you do this you should be able to get to the "Configuring Passwordstate for the first time" web page.

Can you follow this forum post and let me know if you can then proceed:  https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/1663-resetting-the-passwordstate-setup-process/

Regards,

Support.

Hi Support,

Thanks for the quick reply.
I followed the forum post and it didn't help, the page was still unavailable.
To debug further I turned on the option in IIS to show detailed error pages, which revealed the following.Capture.thumb.PNG.92210dc14bab7bfc93ae51d18e1a1032.PNG
Removing the mentioned line from the web.config file solved the issue.
The installation is now up and running.

Thanks for trying to solve my problem.

Regards,
Ian

Archived