Duo Security new phone

gmmarcin

Hi, 

I have had a good look around duo admin panel, passwordstate and the Passwordstate_Security_Administrators_Manual.pdf and yet cannot work out how to re-active duo account on the new iPhone.

Authentication still works on the old phone and I get notifications as usual. On the new phone however the "passwordstate" account in the Duo app says "Get working", which subsequently asks to scan a QR code or enter activation code manually. I cannot find anywhere to generate this code in passwordstate.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Hi gmmarcin,

You can find your Google QR Code on the Preferences screen once you are logged in. Just accessing this menu on the left hand-side of the screen, then click on the 'Authentication Options' tab.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi, 

Hmmm... I looked there many times and I dont' have any QR Code. all fields are blank apart from Duo which has just my username - that matches the one in duo admin panel of course.

I have attached screens from of the authentication options for my profile.

The system-wide authenticatoin settings are: default Passthrough AD Authentication + Duo Authentication

my version V8.2 (Build 8205) 

This was setup couple of years ago and now you mentioned Google QR, I wonder whether I removed Google QR thinking I don't need it as I don't use Google 2FA App - not realising that this is actually used to integrate Duo? Does this sound like a possible cause? 

I tried generating new QR codes but Duo did not like them.

2018-01-14 01_28_09-Passwordstate.jpg

2018-01-14 01_28_27-Passwordstate.jpg

2018-01-14 01_29_22-Passwordstate.jpg

Hi gmmarcin,

Sorry, I misread your post - when I saw QR Code, I just assumed you were talking about Google Authenticator, and didn't notice you were talking about Duo.

So for Duo, there is nothing you need to do in Passwordstate. Instead, you need to register your new phone in the online Duo Portal, and send a invite message to this new phone so that you can configure it. Duo will have documentation on their site for how to do this if you cannot remember.

Regards

Click Studios

Ah....ok I got it working... thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

if anyone is interested, it was actually a bit tricky on duo part due to the fact that number hasn’t changed. I ended up adding new generic phone, changed to iOS, generated new activatation link and manually pasted to safari to open Duo App which added the new Duo account. 

Archived