Automatic Upgrade Notification not working

Matthew

Hi 

I have just installed Password State using the Trial

When I go to the Backups and Upgrades section and click on Upgrade Now I get the following message

It appears your installation of Passwordstate is not able to query the Click Studios web site to determine if there is a new version to upgrade to. This may be because you need to specify proxy settings on the screen Administration -> Passwordstate Administration -> System Settings.

I don't have a Proxy and the Windows 2016 VM its installed on is able to access the Internet without any issues

Is their an issue with my installation or is this because I am running the Trial and don't have Annual Maintenance?

Regards

Matthew

Hi Matthew,

No, there is nothing wrong with your install of Passwordstate, but something is blocking your install from reaching out to the following file - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/NewBuildInfo.xml

Where do you have Passwordstate installed - is it internally, or in something like Azure. Possibly a firewall is blocking external access?

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Matthew,

I've just done a code review, and I think the issue might be that Passwordstate has never done an automated check to see if a new build is available yet, because yours is a brand new install - by default, it only queries for new builds once every 7 days.

Using SQL Server Management Studio, can you execute the following command, then restart your browser - this should hopefully fix it for you.

USE Passwordstate

UPDATE SystemSettings SET NewVersionNo = '8.2', NewBuildNo = '8215'

I've also made changes in the next build to give you a button on this screen to also check for new builds.

Regards

Click Studios

• 6 months later...

Hi SadSaddo,

Unfortunately there is no option to automated upgrading option for each new release, rather we leave it in control of the IT admin so they understand all new changes which are included in the build, which might possibly affect their system.  Sometimes there might be important information in the upgrade like SQL version not supported any more, an upgrading would not be a good option in this case.

Hopefully if you can get the automatic upgrades (In-Place Upgrades) running well, its a two or three click process and no more than 5 minutes:)

Regards,

Support.

Archived