Mass email notifications

Alexey

Hi guys,

I've installed Passwordstate and now exploring its features.

After adding and AD security group the system has imported all users from that group, all good.

But when I change or view passwords (or any other actions) in a password list, every person from that group (I am also there) receives immediate notification via email about the corresponding event.

Q1. I don't remember configuring this. Is it made by default?

Q2. Is there an easy way to disable this and just enable for specific users?

The way I found - is to disable notifications under "User accounts -> %username% -> View Email Notifications". But that requires to edit every single user manually..

Thanks!

Hi Alexey,

When you change or view passwords, the emails get sent to all users who have access to that Password List - so they are aware of any changes. If this is not required, then you have 3 options:

• On the screen Administration -> Email Templates, disable the appropriate templates (this will disable for all users)
  • On the screen Administration -> Email Notification Groups, create a notification group with the templates you want disabled, and then apply permissions to which users are affected by this Notification Group
  • Or users can disable their own email notifications from under the menu Preferences -> Email Notifications.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

• 1 month later...

Archived