captchas never end after too many login attempts

unlimitedresource

Hi,

I have ad auth +   google auth setup 

on a multiple password failure  of the ad password, a captcha  page is given but the captchas never end, after completing a captcha another is presented 

I think after captcha the google auth page is not shown , a google auth failure shows in  the log, and this triggers another captcha

Passwordstate Build Number : 8065

Hi,

I've just testing this in build 8150, and when I successfully enter the captach, it logs your out of Passwordstate, so that you can then login again and try a second time. I don't believe this functionality has changed in a while, so I don't think the build numbers have anything to do with it.

Can you tell us what browser you are using, and if you have any browser extensions installed. Maybe try a different browser and see if it makes any difference.

The only way I can see the captcha keeps repeating is if you're not entering the correct one, but I doubt you're doing this.

Regards

Click Studios

Windows/Chrome 62.0.3202.89

sometimes I get the captcha wrong: 

Due to an excessive number of failed login attempts your Passwordstate session has been locked.
To attempt to authenticate again, please verify the code you see below.
The code you entered is not valid.

but otherwise its just the same page , again and again :

Due to an excessive number of failed login attempts your Passwordstate session has been locked.
To attempt to authenticate again, please verify the code you see below.

do you have to get x in a row correct or it resets a correct captcha  count? 

trying again  deliberately failing the password  I did get it to redirect to loggedout.aspx, but after several  captcha   - how long is the stand down period, maybe I'm just reaching that ? 

Hello,

On the Captcha screen, there is no count for failed logins - you can keep retrying and retrying. Maybe have a look to see if there are any JavaScript errors in your Browser (developer tools -> console) when this happens.

You can also restart your browser which would resolve this issue also.

Regards

Click Studios

Hello,

Yes, that appears to be from our browser extension, but we have this installed permanently in Chrome, and we're not see this currently. We'll do some more testing to see if we can reproduce it, but do you see the same issue in a different browser as well i.e. where our extension is not installed?

Regards

Click Studios

Archived