Issue Creating Logo on Disk

George

Hi to all rather new to passwordstate, think this is a truly amazing software. Was setting up the branding part and added my logos, got an error and now cannot login.

Tried restarting the Passwordstate windows Service, rebooted the server that password state is installed, but still the same issue.

Any ideas on how to get back?

Thanks 

George

issue.PNG

Hi George,

Sorry you're having some issues with this, and it sounds like there might be some permission issues in your Passwordstate folder. Can you:

• Ensure the Passwordstate folder, and all nested files/folders, have Modify NTFS permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE account
  • Now restart the Passwordstate Windows Service and wait a few minutes to see if it can create the logo on disk - it takes the log from disk, and writes it into the /images/logos folder

If this still doesn't work, can you login with your Emergency Access login password i.e. append /emergency to your URL, and then restore the default logo - we can then troubleshoot further after that.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi and thank you for the quick reply,

We followed the below steps:

1. Double checked the inetpub/passwordstate has the Network Service account modify permission

2. Restarted the Password State Windows service (I can see that in C:\inetpub\Passwordstate\images\logos all the logos are present there, even the logos I tried and did not look good, which we didn't use at the end)

3. Tried to login unfortunately again the same issue, if that help the login screen does not show any Logo see image below.

image.png.22b15e9b42a85e1e3432cf1988218a93.png

4. Logged in using the emergency link but we get the same error as before.

image.thumb.png.09ae374aff20d37e820d38959da48c16.png

Thank you for all your help.

Waiting for your quick reply.

R/G

Hi George,

We must either have a corrupt logo, or we must still have some permission issues. Can you do the following for me:

• Using SQL Server Management Studio, execute the following statement:

USE Passwordstate

UPDATE SystemSettings SET CustomLogoFileName = NULL, CustomLogoImage = NULL, DialogLogoFileName = NULL, DialogLogoImage = NULL

• In the c:\inetpub\passwordstate\images\logos folder, delete all files except dialog_logo.png and passwordstate_logo.png
  • Now restart your browser

This should fix it for you, so you can try and upload a custom image again.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi George,

Then only thing that should prevent this is incorrect NTFS permissions on the folder - or lack of disk space. Can you please share screenshots of your Application Pools in IIS, what account is being used on the Passwordstate Windows Service (should be Local Service), and the permissions applied to this "images\logos" folder?

Regards

Click Studios

Archived