Failure saving passwords

Guest Daniel Glauche

Guest Daniel Glauche

I just tried to add some password to passwordstate (build 8114) for test purposes. I've copied some passwords out of my keepass storage (where I got a lot long and complicated ones) and encountered a problem for non-ASCII characters. I tried

Úec×EYT°ÒÑ¿çg$¨~T³¦éÅâÐÂûªg3éðb\s¦t*þ¤$¤8ÓYQ&á? ms×âÈU¦FÑTE¡¯¶[U 

My installation strips all characters behind "Ñ".

Greetings,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

We also responded to your email regarding this, and this issue would be caused by us not supporting any other languages except for English. We will look into whether there is a fix for this, but possibly look at our KeePass import suggestion as well, as our PowerShell script is set for UTF8 encoding and should help with your import process. Here is a link for those instructions - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/blog/import-passwords-keepass-passwordstate

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Daniel,

We've found what the issue is - can you please avoid using the ¿ character, this is a reserved character we are using for our own purposes.

If you have any other issues with certain characters not displaying correctly, you may need to change the default 'Code Page' settings in Passwordstate for this. This can be done on the following two screens:

• Administration -> Passwordstate Administration -> System Settings -> Password List Options tab
  • Or if you edit the properties of a Password List, can you have it set differently on each Password List as well.

We hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived