Mobile Access - Private password list

Phil

Hello Phil.

By default, Private Password Lists will be available via the mobile client, unless you have removed 'mobile' permissions from the List in Passwordstate.

If you search for the name of your Private List once logged in, do you find it? On the Preferences screen, we do limit the number of Password Lists displayed, for performance reasons - so possibly it's just not one of the first 30 Lists returned. But a search should find it.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

We only have a small amount of password lists at the moment and i cannot see if even if i search.

When i set this up i disabled mobile access and No to enable Mobile Access by default.

If i enable move access i can see how to add the Mobile Access permission to shared lists but not private.

Kind regards

Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for confirming why this is not showing for you - to be honest, I overlooked that default setting that you disabled.

Unfortunately this means it's not easy to re-enable this for a Private Password List, as you cannot manage permissions on Private Lists, and we cannot change settings in the database directly, as permissions are an encrypted field. The only way I think we can work around this is to:

• Create a new Private Password List
  • Export all passwords from your old Private Password List
  • and Import into your newly created List

Sorry this is a process, but it appears to be the only option to fix this.

Regards

Click Studios

Great thank you, also found that converting to shared, adding mobile access then converting back to private works.  Although i imagine the copy/paste route has less chance of getting the  permissions wrong.

Kind regards

Phil

Archived