Getting credentials prompt when accessing the Windows API Documentation

support

When trying to access the new Windows API Documentation from the Help menu in Passwordstate 8, it is possible you get a Windows based prompt asking for a username and password.

To fix this, please ensure your Passwordstate URL is located in the Local Intranet Zone.  To see if it is located in the Local Intranet zone, open Internet Explorer, browse to your website and open Internet Options -> Security.  If it is detected it is in the Local Intranet zone, it will appear blue as per below screenshot:

2017-08-18_11-33-31.png

If you need to you can add the site in the Internet Options above, or add the site to group policy to ensure all machines detect it by default.

I am still getting prompted for username and password and it will not be accepted. The "Windows Integrated API Documentation" is the only page with this behavior thus far.

You do not have permission to view this directory or page.

Hi Brian,

Is your URL being detected in the Local Intranet Zone in IE - can you share a screenshot? And can you tell us which browser you are using?

If it is, then the following forum post provides a few more suggestions which will fix this - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/1305-passwordstate-prompts-for-authentication/

Can you let us know if any of the following helps?

Regards

Click Studios

I am able to get to the documentation from the above links now.  I am not sure if a setting was changed (I am not the only one working on this) or if by accessing it by directly going to the winapi page has somehow "repaired" the link.

Archived