Password Reset Portal error

Azkabahn

Hi,

when i go to "account lockout monitoring" and click "query event logs now" i get the window with the error. In the error console it was saying:

It appears the Privileged Account Credentials associate with the Active Directory Domain does not have sufficient privileges to query the Security event log on the Domain Controller 'XYZ'.

I then realised that I was using the read-only account. Then I have changed to another account with write permissions. Unfortunately, I get the same error window and in the console it says:

Error Code = The RPC server is unavailable, StackTrace = at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogException.Throw(Int32 errorCode) at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.NativeWrapper.EvtQuery(EventLogHandle session, String path, String query, Int32 flags) at System.Diagnostics.Eventing.Reader.EventLogReader..ctor(EventLogQuery eventQuery, EventBookmark bookmark) at admin_passwordresetportal_users_edit.CheckEventLogs()

Hi Ubagas,

Sorry you're having some issues with this, and can you confirm the following for us so we can try and troubleshoot the issue:

• Are you testing with just the one domain, or other these separate domains with trusts or no trusts in place?
  • If you edit the Active Directory Domain record in Passwordstate, have you specified a Privileged Account Credential to query your domain controllers event logs - on the Event Log Monitoring tab?
  • If you have, what permissions does your Privileged Account Credential have on the domain - what Security Groups is it in?
  • From your Passwordstate web server, can you confirm the ports 636 (LDAP over SSL), 135 and 49153 (Event Log Querying) are open to your domain controller? You can use the following PowerShell command to confirm this
  • And if none of this helps, can you email us a screenshot of your Active Directory Domains screen so we can check the format

test-netconnection -Computername <DomainController> -Port 636

Regards

Click Studios

Archived