ScreenConnect/Control Integration

Hi Jeff,

At this stage there are no plans, but could you please let us know what integration you are referring to. We watched your video from a few months ago about Passportal integration with Connectwise, and it did look like a rather complicated setup just to get the equivalent of our Permalink functionality. Is this the type of integration you are after?

Regards

Click Studios

Thanks for confirming Jeff.

Is there a manual for this remote session client that we could take a look at? There are a couple of ways this could be possibly be done:

• If the client takes command line parameters for Host name, Username and Password, etc
  • Or if we could possibly "attach" to the client Window and form-fill these values into the client

Regards

Click Studios

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

It's actually quite sad that ClickStudios isn't considering it. I got in touch with their Facebook page and got them in touch with Connectwise development team to register for a development account. Things were looking so positive and I asked for an update just recently and they dropped the plan because it's too much effort.

Connectwise being one of the top 2 by market share for MSPs

ScreenConnect or Connectwise Control literally being the best remote solution out there

I really don't understand why ClickStudios isn't prioritising this as imagine becoming a certified integrator, they literally earn themselves a place at the next big conference in Orlando and sell the solution to 100s of other MSPs and target the solution

A missed opportunity. The support is great in general and the solution look good too when we signed up but maybe it's time to reconsider our decision to move away

Hi Sam,

As we've discussed, we have not said we will not integrate with Connectwise. As per all feature requests, we have to prioritize them based on interest from our customers.

Integrating with another solution is not a trivial process, so if there is enough interest from the community we will definitely consider it.

Regards

Click Studios

I am aware that you haven't ruled it out. I was saying that you guys started the process last year and dropped it since with no near future plans to work on it.

- There are two things when it comes to demand:

Demand from current customers - Survey them please and anyone using Connectwise wont' say No

Demand from future customers - You will be opening PasswordState to a whole new market of MSPs around the world where demand is endless

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the feedback. We generally use our forums to guage interest, instead of emailing our entire customer base - for whom the majority are not MSP's.

We take your point about future customers though.

Regards

Click Studios

1 minute ago, support said:

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the feedback. We generally use our forums to guage interest, instead of emailing our entire customer base - for whom the majority are not MSP's.

We take your point about future customers though.

Regards

Click Studios

Thanks. Given you are quite active on this channel. not sure if it has a voting button where people could vote for features rather than a general forum. When I made contact last your, you guys just had one competitor in the Connectwise game but now more than one and certainly will be a lot more. Given how good your solution is, it can certainly shine in the list of available options - The same/similar API developed can be used with other major solutions as well like the fastest growing MSP solutions: SyncroMSP

passwordboss.com/

https://www.passportalmsp.com/

https://www.keepersecurity.com/msp-password-manager.html

https://myki.com/msp/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuu_EoM-v6gIVlw4rCh2b1gshEAAYAyAAEgKHgvD_BwE

• 3 months later...

+1

Not doing this soon enough is simply a missed opportunity to connect with a lot of TSPs/MSPs given it's the most common/widely use remote control tool by MSPs/TSPs

Others are catching up and it's a concern that PasswordState might miss out and partners may have to consider other password managers. We love passwordstate and wouldn't want to move because of lack of integration development

Thanks, ah got excited for no reasons. no plans in development world normally means years or will never happen however appreciate you replying to our post. We will see how long we can hold on, As I said above - Love the problem however I believe over time the integration is going to become quite important given more and more of the products we use now talk to each other. 

Hi Sam,

Sorry if I was not clear - we do have plans, but we are not willing to share them yet.

Our MSP version will also be a different licensing model, and you mentioned in email you are wanting this intergration for free. As full disclosure, we cannot provide this level of integration for free - it takes many weeks/months of development time, and then also support. Just thought we should let you know.

Regards

Click Studios