Fabian Näf

Remove all entries

Hi

I just started to migrate all passwords from our old solution to Passwordstate. I imported all Folders/PasswordLists/Passwords into one folder and I wanted to remove this import-folder by using the "Delete Folder and all Nested Items"-Function in the Administration-Menu afterwards.

Unfortunately this crashed after a few minutes and now everything is totaly messed up.

Is there a way to reset/remove all Folders/PasswordLists/Passwords?

Best regards,

Fabian

A workmate just came up with the idea to restore the last backup of the database. This could be an option... but is there another way to remove all Folders/PasswordLists/Passwords?

Hi Fabian,

We haven't had any other reports of a crash when deleting a folder and all nested items under Administration -> Password Folders.  I can imagine that must be quite annoying and can't rule out that it will happen again, as it might be data related.

Your colleague does have the right idea, to restore a copy and try to delete again, but this time let us know what kind of error message you get (screenshots are always very helpful), and possibly have the Browser Developer tools open when trying to perform this process. The Developer Tools will show any Java Script errors if there are any, which can help us understand what the issue is.

If there's anything in the Administration -> Error Console about this crash please send it through.

We may be able to diagnose the cause if the crash and provide a solution for it.  It is possible to delete password lists one by one in the navigation tree, but obviousbly this can take a lot more time.  I guess it depends on how many lists you actually have will determine which route you want to take.

Hope this helps,

Support.

Hi

I just attached a screenshot of the error from Administration -> Error Console.

I think, that we just have to many Folders/PasswordLists/Passwords...

Ok, then I have to go for the restore. I thought, that there would probaly a SQL Command to truncate the tables or something like that...

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-05-24 09_15_12-Passwordstate.png