Fabian Näf

Default-Setting for "Limit the number of displayed Nodes"

Hi

I just started to migrate all passwords from our old solution to Passwordstate.

Because we have really many folders/passwordlists, we need to limit the folder-view. As I have seen, the user can configure this in their preferences (as displayed on the screenshot).

Is there a possibility to set/forcing this setting system-wide?

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-05-23 16_02_42-Passwordstate - Internet Explorer.png

Hi Fabian,

Sorry, but it's not possible to set this system wide - each of your users will need to specify how many Nodes they would like to see.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi

The problem is, that we have so many entrys, that it takes more then a minute to open Passwordstate whitout this setting.

Every user has to login, wait a long time and set this setting.... So it would be glad, if we could preset this setting somehow.

I'm afraid that, there's a timeout and that we wouldn't be able to  open Passwordstate at any day, because it just takes to long...

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

How many Password Lists and Folder do you have? We've tested with 4,500 nodes, and the screen loads in about 4 seconds for us.

If you run the following SQL Statement, then this will update for all users.

USE Passwordstate

UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET NavTreeNodeLimit = 1000

Regards
Click Studios

Hi

Thanks a lot for this SQL Statement, this helps a lot!

We have about 10,000 Nodes.

Probably, I have to make my VM a bit faster :-) This could help...

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for sharing the number of Nodes, and we would have to be honest in saying that is the largest number of Password Lists/Folders we have seen so far :)

With that amount of Nodes, that would be a very large volume of HTML to download and render each time. We wish web sites could perform the same as Windows Applications like KeePass, but it's not always possible with the client/server architecture.

Without knowing your structure and business, would it be possible to optimise/reduce the number of Password Lists at all i.e. if you have some Password Lists with only a couple of records in them, could they be consolidated into another Password List? This is only a suggestion, and not something you need to do, but we only recommend it as we want you to have a good experience with our software.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi

Thanks a lot for your suggestions!

I will see, what I can do. But I have to do it automaticaly, because with that amount of data its hard to make it manually.

I just came up with another idea, what could be done from your side:

Probably you could only load the expanded/opened folders and load the rest/content async, when the user opens the folder. 

I think this would load the whole tree faster, but its slower when opening the nodes.

Just an idea...

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately that's not possible with the Tree Control we are using here.

Regards

Click Studios