Sign in to follow this  
Guest Russ Draper

Unable to view any passwords, receive Server Error in Application

Guest Russ Draper

Running latest 7868 build.  Is there any way to get at the passwords in the DB?

When I enable debugging, I receive the following error message:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a Decimal.]
   System.Decimal..ctor(Double value) +0
   Passwordstate.Password.getPasswordStrength(String strPassword, String strWeightings, Int32 intPreferredPasswordLength, Int32 intMinLowerCaseChars, Int32 intMinimumNumericCharacters, Int32 intMinimumSymbolCharacters, Int32 intMinUpperCaseChars, Boolean boolRequiresUpperAndLowerCaseCharacters) +246
   passwords_Shared_viewpasswords.GetPasswordStrengthText2(String strPassword) +289
   ASP.passwords_shared_viewpasswords_aspx.__DataBinding__control200(Object sender, EventArgs e) +275
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +92
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +85
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +187
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +94
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +187
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +94
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItem.SetupItem(Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection rows) +652
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemBuilder.InitializeItem(Int32 dataSourceIndex, String& nextItemHierarchicalIndex, Boolean& itemIsInEditMode) +148
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridItemBuilder.CreateItems(GridGroupingContext group) +341
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateItems(IEnumerator enumerator, GridColumn[] columns, ControlCollection controls) +129
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +1852
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.CreateChildControls(IEnumerable dataSource, Boolean useDataSource) +1020
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.PerformDataBinding(IEnumerable data) +67
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.OnDataSourceViewSelectCallback(IEnumerable data) +123
   System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments, DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +33
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +138
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.PerformSelect() +16
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +30
   Telerik.Web.UI.GridTableView.DataBind() +277
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.DataBind() +87
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.AutoDataBind(GridRebindReason rebindReason) +2299
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadGrid.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +127
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +145
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

--------------------------

I found a post saying this error message was fixed back in 5.2 but I have the latest 7.8

It appears it is just certain password lists that generate this error.  So there must be something "bad" in the list, but I am unsure as to what it is and I cannot edit it.

I can however do a global export of all passwords, so at least I am able to work for now but if I cannot fix the problem I don't know if I can continue to use PWS.  Please help!

Hi Russ,

Sorry you're having some issues, and we've never seen this error before. To help troubleshoot this, can you do a couple of this for us:

Regards
Click Studios

I am not zoomed but I did try it anyway both with zoom and different browsers.

I only have 2 policies, the default and then a weak one since we save passwords that other people give us.

PasswordStrengthPolicyID    PolicyName    PolicyDescription    MinimumLowerCaseCharacters    MinimumNumericCharacters    MinimumSymbolCharacters    MinimumUpperCaseCharacters    PreferredPasswordLength    RequiresUpperAndLowerCase    CalculationWeightings    PasswordStrengthCompliance    ComplianceMandatory
1    Default Policy    Default policy if no specific policy is set for a Password List    1    1    1    1    14    0    75;10;5;10    3    0
2    Weak Policy        0    0    0    0    0    0    50;15;15;20    0    0

I also noticed that if I create a new password list and then try to add a password to it I can then no longer view details of the list!  I will upgrade to the latest and see if that works.

Hi Russ,

We're really sorry - we're not sure why we didn't see your response earlier - normally we respond to forum posts the day they are submitted.

I think this issue is caused by your Weak Policy - if you specify zero's like this, it will cause some issues. Can you change the policy settings, and then see if it fixes the issue. You can also set this policy so that it is Not Mandatory, so it doesn't matter if someone enters a weak password - obviously not recommended though.

Regards

Click Studios

So I just now discovered this on my own, wish I had seen this post first!  I upgraded and it didn't fix the issue of course.

The answer is yes, I created that Weak policy because clients give me passwords that are weak and I cannot change them, so it isn't helpful for PWS to tell me its not strong enough and refuse to take it!  So by changing the policy on the list to Default I can then view it.  I will see if I can set to not mandatory and see if that works.  

Perhaps a bug fix?  Thank you!

We've just tested in the same build as you, but we are unable to save the Password Strength Policy if the 'Preferred Password Length' is set to zero, and in your data above it is set to zero. Can you let us know how you did this?

Thanks

Click Studios