Fabian Näf

Disable "Images and Account Types"

Hi There

We just started using Passwordstate and currently we are configuring the "Images and Account Types". For our company there are to many images available and we like to reduce the count of images. Some images can be deleted, but others are "managed" and can't be deleted. 

Our wish would be to just get the ability to disable some images. Maybe we could use them later, so then we would be able to enable them again.

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your request. but sorry this is not currently possible in Passwordstate. Possibly we could look into this in a future release for you though. For now, you can take a copy of the /images/lookupimages folder, and then delete the images you do not need. Then if you wish to restore them at any time, you can just re-upload them.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi

Thanks a lot for your support with my request!

I just made a copy of the /images/lookupimages folder and started to delete the images and I think I found a little bug: There were 4 HP images and 3 of them were managed. After I deleted the unmanaged image, the image of the managed ones are gone (see screenshot). Because I made a backup before, as you suggested, it was easy to restore this picture and fix it. Propably this should be fixed in a future release...

Edit: Its the same with the pictures of IBM, only one of two is managed.

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-05-02 13_18_26-Passwordstate.png

Thanks Fabian - the Passwordstate Windows Service would also eventually recreate these files on the file system. Basically we compare the database and file system, and fix any issues like this.

Regards

Click Studios