HA4g3n

Password List Template: Option in List to add Password List

Hello!

It would be really nice if you could have a option for each Password List Template to name the new Password List to a specified name.
For example if i use the "Backup Template" then the new Password list should be named Backup. :)

I have searched but i cant find any option to accomplish this.

PS.thumb.PNG.28cda6a902f688a2a220d40a84e970f6.PNG

Hello,

Does the following option on the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Password List Options tab help with this?

templatename.png

Regards

Click Studios

Hello,

Yes and no, i have renamed the templates in a structured order so it´s easy and fast to use.
Therefore their names are not usable for nameing the passwordlist.

I have the following structure as the picture below:

Templates 1-9 is the standard template of an ordinary customer and will be used to 90% of the time.
Then we have a few specifed customers that mostly only permissions are attributed that only certain people work with by delegated permissions.

5901957cc3d2c_PasswordListTemplates.png.2e12662f0166b2109c570ea239053119.png

A solution may be an added field: name of password list.

Example below of an edited picture.

59019ce62ca6d_PasswordListTemplates-NamePLandPLT.png.bfa6816360e4f5cc9a21e9fb4b8b183c.png

As the Template list grows this would gain more effective way of useing them.

What do you think?

Thanks

HA4g3n

Thanks, and yes we understand why you need this now.

As all feature requests are on hold until we complete version 8, would our feature where you can Clone a Folder structure help at all? You can setup a folder structure for your Clients, and then simply Clone this folder structure every time you add a new client.

Not sure if this would be helpful at all, but thought I would mention it.

Regards

Click Studios

I understand that, and good that you prioritize :)
This are not core questions but it may help people useing the procuct in a more efficient way.

I tried the Clone and it works good with copying the structure and permissions, but then the update chain from the "Guide page" will now need a special procedure.

Instead of updateing the "Password List Template" now we will have to update that customers Guide we are cloneing from. And that customer is not  updated after it has been templated out either. Hmm..

Im just thinking out loud here so we don´t get cornered in the future.
In that way for a holding structure we need to change the permissions in the templates and the guide from the customer we are cloneing form.

Not 100% optimal but could work better then createing the folder and all lists manually as i was thinking of in the begining.

I don´t know what else is not linked or copied

5901af3b8edd6_PaswordlistisLinked.thumb.PNG.1fa533d5aa91db27e427c6bf2c285500.PNG

Thanks i´ll work on this and evaluate more :D