Hi There

Our company is currently testing the trial-version of your product. We consider about a possibility to integrate it in ServiceNow, which we use i. a. for ticketing. One of our employee came up with the idea to link from a customer or hosts in ServiceNow to Passwordstate.

I think this could be realised very easy if we could open a new webbrowser window/tab from ServiceNow with a URL like this:

https://passwordstate/?search=[CUSTOMER]

or

https://passwordstate/?search=[HOST]

If passwordstate would be opend like this, it should search with the global searchfunction (on the top of the window, next to the password generator).

And there's another thing:

As I just tested, this global search is not including the tree path. If I unterstand this thread right, it should already search in the tree path, but this didn't work on my testinstallation (V7.8 (Build 7868)).

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-04-20 18_28_10-Windows 10 x64 Test1 - VMware Workstation 12 Player (Non-commercial use only).png

2017-04-20 18_54_19-Windows 10 x64 Test1 - VMware Workstation 12 Player (Non-commercial use only).png

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your requests. Unfortunately it's not possible to search from the address bar like you mentioned. A couple of years ago we engaged with an external security company to provide recommendations around security for our software, and they recommended avoiding the use of querystring parameters altogether - which unfortunately means this is not possible.

For your second query, I think we now what the issue is here - by default, the TreePath does not include the Password List name - we need to append this in our code. We'll look into this for the next release Fabian, but if you search for password records, as opposed to the Password List name, you should find them fine.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi

Thanks a lot for your fast answer.

I realy understand your point. This could be possibly harmfull due to sql injection. To make it possible to search in ServiceNow for Credentials and link to Passwordstate, I just had a new idea: I will import the folderlist/passwordlist into ServiceNow with the ID and link to the ID like this.

https://passwordstate/pid=2

https://passwordstate/fid=2

https://passwordstate/plid=2

As I just tested, the Password List Name is included in the TreePath (see screenshot on the upper post). Searching for folder doesn't work (see screenshot below). I think the TreePath is just not included in the searchfunction. It would be great, if you could enhance this in a future release!

Searching for password records works perfectly and fast. 

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-04-21 08_56_45-Passwordstate.png

Hi Fabian,

Are there any password records in the 'Testpassword List' - if there are not, then the search won't find anything. If you are wanting to search for Password List themselves, there is the search functionality just above Password Home in the navigation tree as well.

Regards
Click Studios

Hi 

Here's my structure:

Test Customer (Folder)

Test Passwordlist (Passwordlist)

testuser1 (password record)

testuser2 (password record)

testuser3 (password record)

I know, that I can search above the Password Home in the navigation tree, but I thought it would be glad, if I could search with the global search on the top for Password Lists and Folders as well. This has already been requested by Cory in this thread ("Search Box").

Thank's a lot four your effort,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Can you tell me if there are there any password records in the 'Testpassword List'?

Thanks

Click Studios

Hi

Yes there are.

Please take a look at my post just below (I attached a screenshot and marked the records) and also take a look at the screenshot on my first post, there you can see these password records.

Best regards,

Fabian

2017-04-24 08_05_20-cowjoe.mooo.com - Remotedesktopverbindung.png

Thanks Fabian - we'll do some more testing on this for the next release, to see if there's something we can do - and sorry we missed how you marked this up before.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Fabian,

Another quick message to say we've now also fixed this in a build we released today, build 7883.  If you perform an upgrade you should be able to search correctly.

Regards,

Support