Hi Is is possible to add an extra button next to the URL button to copy the URL?

as an msp we use the URL field to save the ip + port of devices we support inside a client network so we need to copy and past the url's into our remote sessions

thanks,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your request. Before we look into this, can you confirm if you have had a look at our Remote Session Launcher utility - documentation is available for this under the Help menu.

Do you think you would be able to use this, or possibly there is a technical reason as to why you cannot? We're always interested to hear how our MSP customers remote into their clients.

We also have redesign the Hosts and Remote Session Launcher features in version 8 a lot (due in about 3 months), and the feature is looking great :)

Regards
Click Studios

54 minutes ago, Daniel.AmplifiedIT said:

my intent is to copy url for a firewall, switch, printer etc and past it into a browser window inside an already open RDC window, as the client networks are remote with no direct IP connectivity to the device we need to manage

Pardon my ignorance, but what's wrong with Ctrl+C or right click copy?

The ability is already there in the context menu and operating system shortcuts. Wouldn't adding another button to duplicate functionality just clutter the interface?

we are using the url field and it's shown as an icon

coping the link we get java code in it

ie. javascript: MM_openBrWindow('http://10.0.0.202:16992'); as the same time we don't want to turn off the current functionality of the browse button we we have externally accessible resource save where this works well for us

58e3ad85237e0_Passwordstateexample.PNG.7fbe5fd291871da97090beee7cad8d51.PNG

Hi Daniel,

We may need to look at adding this as an option, as we agree with Sarge that some customers might not want the extra clutter on the screen.

Regards

Click Studios

hi, 

the two ways i can see it working

1) add to the options dropdown menu to copy the url

2) add an option to the password list to show/hide the normal "copy" icon next to the url icon 

for me i prefer option 2, something like the mockup below

Passwordstate example 2.png

Hey Daniel,

possibly it is a solution for you if you set the URL field to be displayed as text. That would look like this:

url.png.131ff54a1aeaab42c591c2943b998233.png

with this option you would be able to copy & past the url without the need to open another browser window.

this could be done under:

Administration -> System settings -> miscellaneous -> When displaying URL columns in grids, display the URL value as a

Regards

Jan