Hi there.

I having an issue at a time to perform an upgrade, I get the next error message

- Stopping Passwordstate Windows Service.....
- Compressing and backing up web files.....
- Removing old backup files.....
- Download started.....
- Extracting new files.....
- Installing new files.....
- Upgrade error detected - Referencia a objeto no establecida como instancia de un objeto. - Method = DeleteFilesInFolder

04/01/2017 11:48:37 a. m.    Error Code = Subproceso anulado., StackTrace = en System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() en System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) en System.Web.HttpResponse.AbortCurrentThread() en System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse, Boolean permanent) en Passwordstate.Common.QuerySessionStatus(String strPage) en defaultshell.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)     Error

How can I find what are causing this error?

Regards.

Hi Ruber,

Sorry you've run into this issue. We have seen this issue once or twice in the past, and it’s generally caused by insufficient permissions, or possibly Anti-virus software scanning a temporary folder as we are trying to delete the contents - the folder is c:\inetpub\Passwordstate\upgrades\passwordstate. When the upgrade.zip file is downloaded, it is extracted to this temporary folder. Once we have finished updating all the files, we delete the contents of this folder – and that is where you are seeing the ‘DeleteFilesInFolder’ error below.

Can you confirm what permissions your backup account has on your web server, and if you have any AV software installed? Also, if you go to the Help menu, then Security Administrator's manual, we have full documentation under the Backup and Upgrades section which shows what permissions are required for this feature.

Can you let us know if this information helps at all?

Regards

Click Studios