Automatically create a Private Password List for all new users added into Passwordstate

support

For larger businesses, you may want to allow some of the non IT departments to use Passwordstate to secure their Passwords, and making the product as simple as possible for these end users to use is vital.

One tip to help make it easier for your users, is to create a Private Password List for them so it is visible as soon as they log in for the first time, along with any other shared Password list you may have also granted them access to.  You could possibly use this tip in conjunction with removing the Add Shared and Private Password List menu items, to help control the layout of the Navigation tree, which makes for easier administration of the product.

To do this, simply do to Administration -> System Settings -> Password List Options and enable the following option:

2017-02-08_10-10-51.png

You could even use this in conjunction with a Password List template, which configures the Password List for them, to possibly include the URL field for example.

• 1 month later...

Hi there. It appears we've had some instances with our staff that this did not happen. Is there a method that we can create a private password list for them and put it with the others so the root folder view doesn't get cluttered up with a bunch of private password lists that no one will be able to see?

Hello,

We haven't had any reports of this feature not working - do you know if you can replicate the issue at all consistently?

For your request, only users can create their own Private Password Lists, and then they can place them into whatever folder they need - Security Administrators cannot do this on behalf of the users.

Regards

Click Studios

I wish I could replicate this issue consistently. I'm guessing this occured during our initial onboarding where a few users came forward to indicate that they didn't have a list so I just deleted & re-created their accounts. Now that we've been using the product for a while now, we have built up considerable audit history that I wouldn't want to lose by deleting & re-creating.

If I was to get the users to create their own private list, is there a method to putting those lists into the same hidden subfolder that contains all the other pre-created private password lists?

Hello,

For the Private Password Lists that are automatically created, they are created in the root of Passwords Home. If they now exist beneath a Folder, then those users would have had to drag their Private List into that folder.

So if there are some new Private Password Lists being automatically created, you will need to ensure those users have access to this Folder you're referring to, so they can also drag their Private Lists into it.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived