Hans

Convert Private Password Lists to Shared ones

The Security Administrators Manual mentions following setting under System Settings -> Password List option:

"Allow Security Administrators to convert Private Password Lists to Shared ones"

But this setting seems to be missing. I'm using build 7830

Additionally, I would like to know if and how it is possible to prevent users from converting their Private Password List into a Shared one.

Thank you

Hi Hans,

Thanks for pointing out this issue with our Security Administrator's manual - we need to remove this reference. It's still possible to do this, but you need to contact us for assistance - the option is hidden by default, until we make some changes to the database.

And sorry, but it's not currently possible to prevent users from converting a Private List to a shared one. But I have added a feature request for you, and we'll contact you once a new build is available which support this.

Regards

Click Studios

Well this has been a long time in the reply and we're sorry we haven't reported back here earlier about this, but converting Private Password Lists to Shared Password Lists is now disabled by default as of Passwordstate 8.  If you need to convert a Private List to a Shared one, please see this forum Post:

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/2398-how-do-i-take-ownership-of-a-private-list/

Regards,

Support