RE-DigitalGroup

Browser Extension Private Password List

Hi, 

Not sure if I should be posting this issue in 'general' or not, so apologies if this is the wrong section of the forum.  We don't seem to be able to save website login details to private password lists.  Is this and intended limitation of the browser extension?  I've had to stop our users from using the extension, as users have been saving their personal logins for company used websites, for example our HR website or PluralSight into our company password lists.  Which means that when another user comes to login to one of these websites even on a different computer, they can end up logging into someone else's account.  It would be a little annoying and time consuming having to set up personal permissions for everyone, is there no way of the users saving the website login credentials to a personal/private password list?

Cheers. 

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

I think the issue here is that they have not configured their Private Password Lists to use the URL field - can you check with them? You are able to save this logins into Private Lists.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

although this is an older topic I'd like to come back to this issue:
We're evaluating PasswordState (Build 8501) and I set up a private password list for my user account and added an URL field to that list.
I've installed the browser extension(s) (testing with Chrome 69 and Firefox 62) and I'm logged in PasswordState with my user account.
Now I want to save a new web site credential set to my private list, but it does not show up in the selection list of the dialogue.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Christian

Hello GL Support,

Can you tell me if you restarted your Browser once you added the Private Password List - the extension needs this to pick up the change?

If you did, do you have more than once account in Passwordstate - maybe you configured the browser extension with a different account, compared to the one you created the Private list with?

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

yes, the browser has been restarted multiple times.

In fact, I do have two accounts, and security-admin-account and a second one for "normal usage".
Although I was logged on to PasswordState with the "normal" account the private lists assigned to this account did not appear, not even after logging out and in again multiple times.

But your post pointed me into the right direction: When I installed the PasswordState Browser Extension, I was logged in with my admin-account.

Since logging out and in and browser restarts did not work I completely uninstalled the Browser Extension and reinstalled it - and now it is working!

Best regards,

Christian