scubes13

Self Destruct Message - Branding

Is there a way to change out the logo and title used on the Self Destruct Message page?

Our logo and custom title show throughout all other pages in PasswordState, but not on the Self Destruct page.

Also, even though we changed the Subject line of the Self Destruct Message email template, the Subject line still shows up with the default Subject. Other changes to the body of the email template work fine.

Hi Scubes,

We're sorry, but it looks like we may have overlooked the logo issue. And we'll also look into the Subject line as well - we've never spotted that in the past.

Regards

Click Studios

Any update on this?  Just noticed we the same issue.  The subject is always "Passwordstate Self Destruct Message" even though we've changed it.  Oddly, the test email properly uses our subject, but the actual real test of sending a password reverts to the old subject.

Hi Rob,

Sorry, we've made no progress on this feature/issues so far. We will report back here once we have some more information.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Rob,

I just started looking into this, but we cannot replicate the issue - if we change the Subject, that's what gets sent in the email. I've checked the changelog, but cannot see any fixes for this. Can you let us know what build you are using?

Regards

Click Studios

Ok well I was able to fix the logo by just going to C:\inetpub\Passwordstate\selfdestruct\images\logos and renaming that logo as .old and putting ours there with the same name as the original logo.  That fixed my logo issue and now we have our logo everywhere.  If only we could get that subject line to work.  I tell everyone to change it but you know.....

Sorry, I missed that 2nd reply.  We are using the latest build. 7789.  If we change the subject in the email template category " Self Destruct Message Email " then hit save, then hit "test e-mail" at the bottom, the test email comes through perfectly with our custom subject which is simply "Gwanda - Self Destruct Message".

However after that, when you actually send a real password to someone, those emails default to the original subject "Passwordstate - Self Destruct Message".  Sure a user can change it manually each time, and that works.  But it doesn't accept our new default. Since it doesn't accept our new default, there is currently zero reason to customize that field in the email template.  It doesn't do anything except for the "Test Email" button.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for confirming, and we can see the issue now - it's not pulling this information from the database properly.

We'll have this fixed in the next release. Just be aware that upgrades will also overwrite your custom logo, until we can do the branding for you.

Regards
Click Studios

Hi Rob,

Just a quick post to say we've released build 7817 which includes a fix in the Self Destruct Messages. Thanks for bringing it to our attention:)

Regards,

Support

Thanks! I finally got around to updating and yes indeed the email now uses the template properly.  However the logo on the self destruct site did revert to the Password state logo and is still not using the proper branding.  I had to again rectify this by copying our logo to C:\inetpub\Passwordstate\selfdestruct\images\logos.  

Hi Rob,

Unfortunately we still haven't had the time to add branding to the Self Destruct Message feature. Once version 8 is complete, in a few months time, we will be spending some time on this feature - possibly a cloud based version as well.

Regards

Click Studios

We can wait, I have a good workaround.  If you do make a cloud based version, I really hope you keep feature parity with the self-hosted option! We won't store our password data in a public cloud.  Only our own.  I'd hate to see the self-hosted option moved down in priority.

Thanks!

Rob

Hi Rob,

This would be an option if we did it, and not remove the existing functionality.

Regards
Click Studios